Jails to Jobs is looking for a few good volunteers
We need people to help us with any or all of the following projects:
- Researching tattoo removal services and clinics: Nationwide to expand our national database of free or low-cost programs (Having visible, antisocial or gang-related tattoos is one of the biggest impediments to employment for ex-offenders and others.)
- Soliciting equipment donations: Contacting dermatologists, plastic surgeons, hospitals and tattoo removal organizations across the United States to see if they might be willing to donate their old tattoo removal laser device to be used in a free or low-cost tattoo removal program.
- Social Media: Especially Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Fundraising: Researching crowdsourcing and other means of raising money for our projects.
- Grant Proposal Writing: Researching foundations and write grant proposals.
- Media Relations: Helping to build a list of publications and journalists who cover our issues and preparing press releases to send to them.
- Research: Conducting (online research and telephone interviews) on issues of relevance to our audience, including legislation related to ex-offenders (such as ban the box) and what other organizations are doing.
- Workshop Facilitator: Going into jails and prisons and doing pre-release job search preparedness workshops.
- Recruit Tattoo Removal Volunteers – MDs: Recruit doctors willing to establish new tattoo removal programs using their own machines and facilities.
We would appreciate a commitment of at least four to six hours per week. Work from our office or virtually from your location.
Please complete the Volunteer Application on our website.
Jails to Jobs, Inc.
3641 Mount Diablo Blvd., #1164
Lafayette, CA 94549